FLORIDA OCASP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://flocasp.forumotion.com

Happy National Psychology Week 2020 Empty Happy National Psychology Week 2020

Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:55 pm
Happy National School Psychology Week.

Often times when I travel, I am asked about what I do. When I say that I am a School Psychologist, I am often asked, “What is a School Psychologist?” This is my response…

School Psychologists are Organized. School Psychologists provide psycho-educational evaluations for students which look at past and present student academic performance, medical information, cognitive assessment, and potential impact on behavior. School Psychologists conduct these time sensitive evaluations between meetings with parents, consultation with teachers, completing student observations, and implementing district mandates.

School Psychologists are Resilient. Every day, School Psychologists work hard to find solutions for issues which impact a student’s academic performance. We find ways to help school teams overcome the cognitive, behavioral, and emotional obstacles which impede student learning. School Psychologists are trained to provide mental health support in case of school crisis. All this, while being the most amazing parents, beloved family members, and contributing members of our community.

School Psychologists are Advocates. We stand for our students in need. We stand for our families in need. We ensure people are heard when no one seems to listen. We are a voice for those who don’t know what or how to speak. We stand for our schools. We stand for education.

School Psychologists are Noble. School Psychologists are bound to provide ethical services to students. We are honorable and respectful. We show kindness to every student and to every staff member and freely give of our knowledge to any who would seek. With every success, we better the future outcomes of our students and the future they make.

School Psychologists are Genuine. School Psychologists seek to help all. We provide the services that we would like to receive for our families and for ourselves. We work with pure intention to help others.

School Psychologists are Educated. School Psychologists have advanced degrees and training to provide quality recommendations for our students. We are data driven and have access to years of educational and psychological training to guide parents and school teams.

What is a School Psychologist? We are…
O-Organized
R-Resilient
A-Advocates
N-Noble
G-Genuine
E-Educated

This is why I believe School Psychologists represent some of the best and most beloved employees Orange County Public Schools have to offer.

Sincerely,

Elliott Choi, OCPS School Psychologist
OCASP President
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum